Life has the knack of springing unpleasant surprises like accidents and potentially upsetting one’s life and causing financial hardship. With SBI General you can be in control and safe guard your family against these uncertainties. At SBI General we believe in being with you at every step and help you take control of your life.
You can take on the challenges life throws at you and secure your family’s future with SBI General’s Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy. This Policy is designed to cover Loss of Life, Disabilities and Income due to an Accident.
- Policy for self employed, salaried and business class people
- Add-on Covers available including Hospital Confinement Allowance and Ambulance charges
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) benefit comes with add-ons like Education Benefit & Adaptation Allowance at no additional cost
- Cumulative Bonus available
- Policy covers – Loss of life due to accident, Disabilities due to accident and Income loss due to accident
SBI General’s Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy has ‘Accidental Death’ as compulsory cover and ‘PTD, PPD and TTD as optional covers. Insured may opt for any of the following coverage options –
- Accidental death
- Accidental death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
- Accidental death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
- Accidental death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) + Temporary Total Disability (TTD)
In case of family option, every member of the family has option to choose from the benefits given above. However the benefits chosen by family members should not be more than the benefit chosen by primary insured
Permanent Total Disability (PTD) benefit comes with the following benefits at no additional cost –
Education benefit: Death and permanent total disability claim entitle the insured’s child and spouse to Education Benefit of Rs 50,000/- or 1% of CSI (basic SI), whichever is lower for each child/spouse, to maximum two individuals (children/spouse) on proof of enrolment at a Government approved education facility.
Adaption allowance: Permanent total disability claims also include payment towards cost of modifying Insured House or vehicle to combat Disability @ 1 % or Rs 25,000/- whichever is less.
Add on Covers:
- Hospital Confinement Allowance: The per day allowance of Rs 1,000; Rs 2,000 or Rs 3,000 with a maximum coverage for 15 days for the entire policy period, if insured is admitted in a Hospital due to Injury or Accident that occurs within the Republic of India.
- Ambulance Charges including air ambulance: 10% of Accidental Death Sum Insured subject to maximum of Rs 1,00,000 per policy period towards expenses incurred for availing an Ambulance Service. Ambulance cover available only when Accidental Death Sum Insured is Rs 5,00,000 and more. The expenses are payable if incurred for availing an Ambulance Service (including air ambulance) to transfer the Insured Person to a Hospital from the location of Accident or Injury or from one Hospital to other Hospital or from hospital to place of residence in case of death or PTD.
The Company shall not be liable under this policy for –
- Accident resulting from Suicide, attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self-inflicted injury, mental or nervous disorder.
- Accident arising out of and in the course of employment in any branch of the Military or Armed Forces of any country, whether in peace or War.
- Accident while being under the influence or abuse of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless properly prescribed by a physician and taken as prescribed.
- Participation in an actual or attempted felony, riot, crime, misdemeanour, or civil commotion.
- Accident during air travel except as a fare paying passenger on a recognized airline or charter aircraft.
- Accident while operating or learning to operate any aircraft or ship, or performing duties as a member of the crew on any aircraft or ship.
- Any accident/loss arising out of War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether War be declared or not), rebellion, mutiny, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power.
- Any injury caused by, contributed to, by or arising from nuclear ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel (including any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission) or nuclear weapons material or nuclear equipment or any part of that equipment.
- The dispersal or application of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials; The release of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials, or Congenital anomalies or any complications or conditions arising there from.
- Participation in winter sports, skydiving/parachuting, hand gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, ballooning, mountain climbing (where ropes or guides are customarily used), all forms of skiing (including but not limited to snow or water), riding or driving in races or rallies using a motorized vehicle or bicycle, caving or pot-holing, hunting or equestrian activities, skin diving or other underwater activity, rafting or canoeing involving white water rapids, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (2 miles), participation in any Professional Sports, any bodily contact sport or/and any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which You are untrained.
- Any loss resulting directly or indirectly, contributed or aggravated or prolonged by childbirth or from pregnancy,
- Committing breach of law with criminal intent.
- Loss caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly by infections (except pyogenic infections which shall occur through an Accidental cut or wound) or any other kind of Disease.